UT Austin Completing 2014 Summer/Fall Freshman DecisionsFebruary 21st, 2014 by admin.capstone
By the end of this week, the Office of Admissions at UT Austin will have made and delivered all 2014 summer/fall freshman admission decisions. As we complete this process, applicants will be able to learn of their decisions online through MyStatus (see below), and official letters will go out by mail soon.
Here are some details about what students will find out in the next few days:
- Admission offers. Once all decisions are delivered, about 15,000 students will have been offered admission to Texas ’18. Hook ’em, Horns!
Deadline to accept admission: May 1
- Major selection. To complete their admission offers, we're asking some admitted students to select from available majors. This is a new process; see below for details.
Deadline to select a major: March 14
- PACE & Wait List: Several hundred applicants will be invited to participate in an updated version of Path to Admission through Co-Enrollment (PACE), our co-enrollment program with Austin Community College. All of these students have also been placed on the wait list; there is no separate wait list process this year.
Deadline to submit PACE agreement and accept PACE admission: May 1
- CAP: Many Texas applicants will be offered the opportunity to participate in the Coordinated Admission Program (CAP) during the 2014-2015 academic year. In order to receive a CAP offer, a Texas applicant must meet the CAP enrollment requirements of at least one participating UT System university.
Deadline to submit CAP agreement: May 1 for most campuses; April 1 for UTSA
- Spring offers. A few Texas applicants will be offered admission to the spring semester (if they qualify for automatic admission but didn't complete their applications by the deadline).
Deadline to accept spring offer: October 1
- Denied admission. Some students will hear that their application for admission has been denied.
MyStatus Offers Details
Applicants can learn of their decisions by using their UT EID and password to log in to MyStatus. On the Admission tab, students will find details along with a list of to-do items they should complete.