UT 2015 Admission DecisionsFebruary 19th, 2015 by admin.capstone
Today the Office of Admissions at UT Austin is delivering all remaining decisions to 2015 summer/fall freshman applicants. Here are some details:
• Admission offers. Some admission offers went out last fall, but many additional students are receiving offers today. Once all decisions are delivered, more than 15,500 students will be offered a spot in Texas ’19. Hook ’em, Horns!
• Texas Advance: Along with their admission offers, many students are also learning of their Texas Advance scholarship offers.
• Major selection. One group of automatically admissible students is being asked to select from available majors. This process allows students not admitted to their first-choice majors the opportunity to accept admission to one of many available majors.
• Wait List: Several hundred applicants are being invited to join the wait list. Students who accept this offer may be offered admission to a major with open space at a later time. UT does expect to offer admission to quite a few wait-listed students this year.
• PACE: Several hundred applicants are being offered the opportunity to participate in Path to Admission through Co-Enrollment (PACE), UT's co-enrollment program with Austin Community College. (Most of these students are also being invited to join the wait list.)
• CAP: Many Texas applicants are being offered the opportunity to participate in the Coordinated Admission Program (CAP) during the 2015-2016 academic year.
• Denied admission. Some students will hear that their application for admission has been denied.
GOOD LUCK to all applicants!