CMU expands merit scholarships to reward more studentsNovember 21st, 2013 by admin.capstone
Central Michigan University this week announced its newly expanded scholarship package! Beginning with this year's high school seniors, we will reward approximately 800 additional students with more money than ever before, thanks to an increase of $6 million in funding.
“CMU is a first-choice university for students driven to discover and achieve. They should be rewarded for their academic achievement in high school.” – CMU President George E. Ross
The addition of these new funds and expanded criteria means that nearly one-third of the typical incoming freshman class will benefit, and close to 80 percent of our students will receive some form of financial assistance.
Here's what's new in CMU’s record $61 million scholarship program:
- Three new merit scholarships, awarded on a first-come first-served basis
- Academic Prestige Award: $6,000 per year (≥3.25 GPA and ≥27 ACT)
- Academic Excellence Award: $4,500 per year (≥3.0 GPA and ≥23 ACT)
- Academic Success Award: $3,000 per year (≥3.0 GPA and ≥21 ACT)
- Centralis Gold awards: Competition-based, full-tuition, four-year scholarships, increased from 20 to 130 (≥3.7 GPA and ≥27 ACT)
I think you'll agree with me that this is quite an improvement from from previous merit scholarships valued at $2,500 that required at least a 3.5 GPA.