Capstone Business Development Officer Position OpenNovember 11th, 2013 by admin.capstone
Capstone is a thriving full-service college and career advising team partnering with students to plan for and maximize their college candidacy. Capstone’s overall mission is to empower students to recognize their own unique talents, skills, and interests, and to challenge each to create a plan of personal and professional growth and achievement.
The Business Development Officer is responsible for improving Capstone’s profitability by generating new prospects.
The Business Development Officer is responsible for acquiring new customers according to the goals, objectives, and metrics as outlined in the Company Annual Plan and under the direction of the Capstone CEO. As part of successfully acquiring new customers, this position will be responsible for building solid relationships with prospective customers, referral sources, and being an Ambassador for Capstone in the community.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Assist in developing quarterly business development plans based on Capstone’s strategies and operations while examining risks and potentials, and estimating needs and goals.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of development plans and the penetration of new markets.
- Collect and prepare pertinent data on the target market, from which recommendations and proposals can be drawn.
- Record and document all prospect and customer activity appropriately.
- Work with the Capstone team to meet and exceed new customer acquisition goals.
- Represent and demonstrate Capstone’s value to all potential and present customers by promoting Capstone’s vision of learning, self-discovery, and growth.
- Attend targeted community events.
- Develop and make presentations to prospective customers, referral groups, and targeted community groups/organizations.
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Knowledge and Required Skills:
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to develop referrals, cultivate relationships, and close sales.
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal with interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and a self-starter with a high-level of professionalism.
Reports to CEO. Send resume to email@example.com